[stunnel-users] URL changes in browser to http from https

Casey Rayman casey.rayman at d2sc.com
Mon Jan 8 17:10:22 CET 2007

I am just starting to experiment with stunnel on Debian Linux, using the
standard debian packages.  I've got it working so far accepting requests
on the local port 443 and connecting on 80, but when the page loads the
URL changes back to a non-secure address.

To illustrate:

https://192.168.1.10 loads a simple static web page and you get the
normal warning for the certificate, but after the page loads the URL
changes to http://192/168.1.10 .  I thought this might just be IE or
something but Firefox does it too.  Could I be missing a setting in
stunnel?

Any ideas?

Thank you,
Casey